Thursday, February 12, 2009

you're not going to believe this...


I'M TRAINING FOR A HALF MARATHON!!! Ok, ok, I know what you're thinking. Why in the world would I want to do this? Truthfully, I've kind of always wanted to; it's one of those goals that I've set but have never actually planned on achieving. Since I'm going to be in Nashville April 25th to see DAVE MATTHEWS (kinda excited..), I might as well run in one of the most famous annual marathons in the country. Check it out here. It's the CMA Half Marathon, and I'm going to be running in it. Wow. Over the past few weeks I've been training for my training. Over the next 12 weeks I will hopefully go from barely being able to run 2.5 miles (today's accomplishment) to being able to run 13.1 miles on raceday.

To be honest I've never liked running. I think words like "hate", "can't stand", and "loathe" have even been used by me when referring to running. But since I've started training I've enjoyed the accomplishment of setting a goal on how far I will run that day and achieving it. And I guess it's starting to grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment