Tuesday, February 10, 2009

things i learned in 2008

So it has been a little while since I've posted a blog. Sorry! Just been getting settled into the new semester. School, friends, life. I thought my first post of 2009 should be a compilation of some things I learned last year. It was a BIG year for learning for me. I learned a lot when it came to school, but my soul was taught a few lessons also. So here is a brief run-down of some important changes and realizations I came to last year...

Life isn't about being perfect. Take off the mask. Receive the TRUTHS of God.

No matter what I do, put forth Christ crucified.

My emotions should not be so easily tossed, God is my rock, consistent, and His is the love that matters.

Sometimes it hurts to grow, that's when I've felt closest to God. Sometimes God is teaching me and I'm not even aware of it. If I have a pure, sincere love for something and want to go into the world in His name, even if I feel like God isn't doing anything in my life...HE IS!

My actions should be pure, God knows my motivations.

Surrendering to God doesn't always mean I will get what I want, but I will get what is best in my life.

No matter my status, I must remain in my calling and be committed in the things God has placed around me.

There is no need to make things more complicated than they should be. Every human relationship includes risk. Trust the wisdom and promises of God.

Even though I've always been a believer, the Lord met me where I was, helped me embrace my brokenness, and as a result I know Him like I never have before. He manifests Himself in miraculous ways.

I need to love equally. Not just my friends, family, or acquaintances. I need to love the person who I pass on the street, the person who cuts me off in traffic, the annoying kids in class. God, the Creator, the great I AM loves everyone equally; therefore EVERYone is worthy of my love, who am I to withhold it? COMPASSION.

What I lack in knowledge I make up for in resourcefulness.

There are so many lies in this world, listening for God's voice is hard but we can always find it. God aches for us just as we ache for Him.

In reference to YoungLife, the Lord taught me that I all had to do was GO to the school and be His servant; He took care of the rest. I have gotten the awesome opportunity to love on 9th grade girls and be just a tiny refection of the love God has for them.



Those are just a few things I came to realize, there is so much more: much I'm sure I'm not even aware of. Basically, God is good. So so good.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment