Sunday, February 7, 2010

I did something kind of crazy...



I've decided that I want to try and train for the Disney World Marathon in 2011. MARATHON. As in 26.2 miles. I got such a sudden surge of wanting to do this that I looked up a training schedule and punched it into my calendar. Of course I am still going to run the Nashville Half in April, but a week after that I'm going to start marathon training. Right now, when I refer to said marathon, we'll put quotations around it because it is so remote and hypothetical. "Marathon". That's better.

Did I say 26.2 miles? Well, right now I can barely think past 3 miles (hazard of taking a break from running for several months...) Luckily this "marathon" would take place January 9, 2011. And it sounds like fun. Running through all of the Disney Parks and seeing all the characters and all the rides! You pretty much HAVE to be trained to run a marathon if you ever want to do this in one day. And, well, I suppose I do.

I'll keep you posted on the "marathon". But for now (and the next 11 weeks) I'll be focusing on the half marathon in April!

1 comment:

  1. i like the quotes. "marathon." very much.

    as long as you know this from the wikipedia article on "marathon" we're good:

    "The name Marathon comes from the legend of Pheidippides, a Greek messenger. The legend states that he was sent from the battlefield of Marathon to Athens to announce that the Persians had been defeated in the Battle of Marathon (in which he had just fought), which took place in August or September, 490 BC. It is said that he ran the entire distance without stopping and burst into the assembly, exclaiming "Νενικήκαμεν" (Nenikékamen, 'We have won.') before collapsing and dying."

    and finally, should you fight death and choose to continue in your efforts, CAN I GO WITH YOU TO DISNEY WORLD??? FREAKING A! I WILL DRESS UP LIKE MINI AND TAKE PICTURES WITH CHILDREN. TAKE ME! TAKE ME! TAKE ME!

    that's all for now... xooxox

    ReplyDelete