Tuesday, February 2, 2010

hiking shoes

I was planning on running this morning, but it was cold. Many things don't happen because I am cold. Such as: getting out of bed, cleaning my room and moving (in general).

It warmed up a little later today, so I went straight from AK's Coffee where I was doing my homework to the park to go for a run. I suppose since I thought I was going to run this morning, I had myself convinced that I was wearing proper running attire. Here was my problem: I realized about a mile into my run that I wasn't wearing my running shoes--I was wearing these. Solomons were made to hike in, not go running. FYI, running in anything but running shoes is like riding a scooter to school vs. driving. It's much less comfortable and a lot slower.

I had a choice--I could suck it up, or I could stop and walk shamefully back to my car. I'm hard core. I ran in hiking shoes today. ;)

2 comments:

  1. as an English major, i really appreciate the scooter/car analogy. you're very in touch with your creative writing side ;) xoxoox

    ReplyDelete