Monday, March 2, 2009

why I love Mary Lindsey Goodwyn




She made a pot-roast today. A legit one. I woke up this morning at 7:50am to go to breakfast with Kaylan and there it was, on the counter, simmering in the crock pot to cook all day. So that must mean that she put it on this morning around 6:30am before she left for teaching. At random points in the day today I've found myself amazed by Lindsey's domestic abilities; seeing the pot roast this morning prompted me to just be in awe. But somehow, it just fits. The statement, "Lindsey made a pot roast this morning" is natural for some reason and it rolls off the tongue. My experience in the kitchen today: spoonful of cookie dough, microwaved 30 seconds, aaaand instant snak! Maybe I should learn to cook...? Nah. Well in any case, my roomie, Ms. Goodwyn, is a rockstar. That pot roast was incredible. Maybe one of these days I'll sneakilly learn to make a delicious meal and serve it to my roomies...Anyway, Lindsey's kitchen skill is just one of the million reasons I love her! But there is just something special about the fact that it was a pot roast. Her check list today must have looked something like this: wake-up 5:30am-check! lesson planned-check! put on the pot-roast-DOUBLE CHECK! Isn't she great? :)

P.S.-Lindsey, anytime you want to make another pot roast, I support it! In fact, if you wanted to make the above check-list a daily thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment