Monday, March 30, 2009

spinach-artichoke dip? yes, please!

Just an update: I ran 9 miles today. This half marathon is most definitely happening. WOOOOO! (ummm...did I just say "woooo"? yep, I did.)

So last night after going to see the play out at Opelika, Ansley, Holly and I went to Chilli's. Let me just say that being starving was an understatement. We could have eaten our hands we were so hungry. The play didn't end till 9ish, and that's a pretty late dinner-time if you ask me. So once we got to Chilli's, we destroyed 2 refills of salsa. I mean we ate it like a bunch of animals. Then we look over to the table next to us where a couple had just left...they had about half of their spinach-artichoke dip left uneaten sitting there. We were at a crossroads: sit there and wish we were eating spinach-artichoke dip or chance it and grab the dip from the table and scarf down some probably questionable leftovers from people we didn't even know...we chose the latter. And I have to admit, that's pretty sketchy, even for me. There were definitely chunks of chip from the other people mixed in with the dip, but apparently we were so hungry we didn't care because we finished in within 30 seconds; just in time to return the dip to its original table without our waitress ever noticing. We have no shame.

1 comment: