Monday, March 22, 2010

these are a few of my favorite things

As if the book wasn't good enough...



Not they're coming out with a MOVIE!!!





I am beyond excited. I started reading the book summer of 2008 while I was in Italy, and the whole experience of reading it just made me feel warm and fuzzy. Who doesn't like that in a book? And now I get to ask myself the same question, but in the context of the movie. Besides, I love doing all of the activities described just in the title: eating, praying and loving. So if the title did that much for me, imagine what a wonderful book it is through and through. Hurry up and read it before the movie comes out! Or not, that's just the way I like doing things ;)

2 comments:

  1. wow. so i wasn't really excited about the book b/c [please, no offense, but] it was trendy and on like everybody's 'it' list and so i typically avoid those. and i had heard that she experiments a lot and yet perhaps doesn't find her way back to christianity [which, what kind of a great story doesn't find its way back?... judgment much...? ok. my bad.]. but having seen the trailer i kinda want to see the movie! yay. this is big. plus. i freakin LOVE julia roberts and will be sure to adore whatever she's in. so. ... all that to say: thanks for posting and i will probably go see the movie. [would love to hear more of your thoughts about the book... i'm still skeptical. forgive me.] ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i usually avoid the trends too! but having started it in italy, i really didn't know that it was trendy in the states (they're a little behind in sicily), so i had a totally objective view of it when i began. while the book is pretty worldly and she says some things i don't really agree with, i found Truth in it here and there (whether she meant to do that or not). either way, why not read something just because i don't completely agree with every word? that's going a little dramatic...you know me :) but overall i found the book smart and funny. and though it def. doesn't line up with christianity, i believe there are Truths scattered throughout that could be the portal to leading someone to Christ (even though i wish the author had found her way back to Him in the book). as for my overall take on the book, i really just thought it was fun and entertaining, plus i loved all the talk about italian food :)

    ReplyDelete