Friday, January 22, 2010

got it!

My life isn't always that interesting. Actually, it's pretty mediocre most of the time--not that I'm complaining! I promised I would be a consistent blogger this year, but then I asked myself: what am I going to blog about all the time??!!!

Well...ummmm....uhhhh....??

Ok, I've got it. Last year I trained for the Nashville Country Music Half-Marathon. 13.1 miles. And I did it. But it wasn't the actual marathon that was so interesting--it was the training. You learn so many little things about yourself when you train for something like a marathon.

This is what I'm going to do--document my training for the Nashville half this year. The race is April 24th.

My mission: 13.1 miles
Time frame: 13.1 weeks

This may not sound too exciting right now, but I promise to share all of the nitty gritty--the highs, the lows, the weird things and the brick walls...and much more I'm sure I will discover and share with you.

Keep your eyes out for my friend Jamie, she's running it with me!

1 comment:

  1. i can't wait. i will live vicariously through you, as i myself hope never to run a half marathon xoxox ;)

    ReplyDelete