Friday, December 12, 2008

please ignore my lack of knowledge

i have no clue what i'm doing. but i think it'll be fun to keep my friends and family up to date about my activities, thoughts, hopes, prayers, dreams, and direction in my fast-pace life!

i'm a junor at auburn university, majoring in public relations. i live in a sweet apartment with my 3 loves lindsey, caroline, and kaylan! linds and i were roomies last year, and she and caro were roomies freshman year. i met kaylan in the dorm freshman year, and the rest is history! i just switched to this major from pre-dentistry last semester. to say the least, i basically hated pre-dent; hated classes, hated studying, hated it!! somehow i had myself convinced that if i got through undergrad i would like being a dentist. finally i figured out that if i wasn't liking chemistry, physics, genetics, etc...i wouldn't like being a dentist. duh! another thing that was really aweful about that major was the planning, stressing, planning, and more stressing about my future. will i graduate on time? will i get into dental school? what happens if i don't? there i was, a sophomore in college, thinking about what one failed chemistry test could do to my future. i snapped out of it eventually, went to see a career counselor, and traded in my biology classes for PR 1000! thanks to my Jesus and my parents, who encouraged my to do what i was happy doing, i had total peace about the switch and haven't looked back since!

speaking of Jesus, i'm also a younglife leader here in auburn at opelika high school. it is amazing ministry focused on building relationships with high school kids. i have an amazing group of 9th grade girls who i get to love on every day! the other people on my team are incredible. the leaders on opelika high team are: jenny-team leader, claire, joey, jordon, holly, kelli, lauren, jessica, andie, ansley, elizabeth, matt, and drew. they are amazing and their love for God amazes me every day. i usually go up to the high school 2-3 times a week to see my girls, and meet new girls! i'm so blessed to have the opportunity to share the love of God with high schoolers (we all remember how bad high school can suck, i get to be someone who's not a parent to talk to and get advice coming from a Christian perspective for these girls) we have club every monday night where we play outrageous games, sing crazy songs, and hear the Word of God. so pretty much the greatest thing ever.

at this point i'm trying to figure out what i'm going to do with my life, but enjoying public relations. part of what i love is NOT knowing where i'm going to be after graduating. i just get to focus on enjoying the journey at auburn and life as it is! i've been sitting on this couch for about a week now (studying for finals which are finally OVER!!!!) so i'm going to pack for Christmas break. yay! thank you Jesus. for everything. xoxoxoxoxoxo megs

No comments:

Post a Comment